Friday, February 12, 2010

I Must Wean Him (Day 1)

Yesterday, 11 February 2010, Joseph accompanied me to a clinic, to see the obstetricians. I brought Fidel along too.

“Can you see the heart beat, Liana….”
“Yes…” I smiled when I saw the tiny creature keep blinking at the computer screen in front of me. As if it was trying to say that she is there.
“It’s still very young. It’s only 6weeks and 2days. Mmm… You are not so lucky, Liana…”
“??....”
“It’s not a twin…”

At the above are few of the conversation between the doctor and us.
Yes, you are right! I’m pregnant the second child.
Is it too soon? I guess everyone will say so. But we did plan for it. We want to give Fidel a companion without any big gaps. Fidel will be 25month-old when his coming sibling born.

Since I knew that I’m pregnant from the pregnancy test that I bought last week, I started to browse and search in the internet about “breastfeeding during pregnancy”. I found few articles and they say not necessarily have to wean the baby or toddler. So, I confidently continue breastfeed Fidel.

I asked Dr whether I can continue breastfeed Fidel as he doesn’t drink formula milk. Dr said better wean him slowly. The reason he asked me to stop is because breastfeeding can cause the contraction at the uterus. If it contracts, there is possibility I might lost the fetus.

“Ow Fidel… no more nen-nen(milk) for you” Joseph said to him

We decided to wean him immediately as we don’t want to take any risk. We know it looks impossible to wean him suddenly. So far, he doesn’t drink any formula milk (FM). I bought FM but he refuse to drink, so I just put 1small scoop in his cereal every morning.

After back home that afternoon, Fidel was sleepy. Usually I will just offer him breast milk, and he will just fall asleep after latch for 10-15minutes. Very sorry for Fidel, that afternoon I’ve decided not to give him anymore. He cried and cried. Stop for a while and continue crying again, stop and cry again till one hour. After an hour, he stopped crying and went off from his bed, took his toys and points his finger to the door. He wants to go out from the room “HUH?? Don’t you feel sleepy?” I was stunned, yet let him go out.

We went to Tesco that evening to buy FM for him. A sales promoter introduced me Enfagrow, instead of Enfapro – the one he refuse to drink. I bought Vanilla flavor. We just shopped for awhile and Fidel fall asleep in his stroller. He was already very very tired, after cried an hour in the afternoon, and didn’t take his nap.
We reached home and I put him in his bed, and he didn’t awake. Oh… Thank God that I don’t need to struggle with him.

Good night my Fidel… and good night to my little one too…

5 comments:

紫谱 purplepooh said...

oh, congratulation o.. hehe... ^o^

phaiksim said...

Hey, Congrats for the new member into your family!!!

sylvia said...

Congratulation. The Lord listen to prayer, it came soon. And koko Fidel, be a big koko has to sacrifice ya. GAMBATE to the LIMs'

Yeong Shong said...

That's a wonderful news! Congratulations!
...and "Fidel, be a good boy, you're going to be a ko ko...."

Liana Lioe said...

@Purplepooh: Thank you. I saw your blog, I wish I can read mandarin. :)
@Phaiksim: Thanks Phaiksim.
@HK: Yes, Lord listens to everyone's prayer. He is sooo good! Thanks
@YS: Thanks YS. We are different 3months huh? Our first child will become JIejie and gege soon :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin