Friday, February 12, 2010

I Must Wean Him (Day 2)

This morning I was very excited to give Fidel try new formula milk.

“Fidel…. Mommy croot croot croot nen-nen to this cup for you to drink, OK?”
I made the squeezing sound and acted as if I squeeze the breast milk out to his cup. After repeat 2-3times to ensure him, he nodded his head and smile…

Yes! He understand what I’m saying. I made 3oz and passed it to him.

“Nen-nen…. Yeah! It’s very nice!”

He took it and had a sip. He continues sip and sip, within 2 minutes he finished the milk.

“Mo mo...” Fidel tried to say ‘no more’. He whined to have more milk.
“More? More nen-nen? Really?” I asked him few times and he nodded his head again and again.

Wow! Is it so delicious? He wants more! I was so excited and made another 3oz. He drank it but not finish.

Oh, it’s OK. At least my son had drink 4-5oz this morning. Success! Success!

Come to afternoon nap, I can see that he’s tired. I just prayed that we would have a smooth sleeping process.
“Come here Fidel, sleep next to mommy, but no nen-nen” I covered my whole body with blanket. And he started to whine, try to take the blanket away, and he cried. I tried to persuade him, but he didn’t want to bother me. After 20minutes crying, I pulled him and place him on my tummy facing me. He stopped crying and slept on me. After fall asleep, I put him down on the bed, he cried again. OK… OK… then I let him sleep on me for the whole afternoon nap, about one hour. Thank you Lord, he sleeps without breastmilk.

At night, before we go to sleep, I asked Fidel to pray together and he did do his hands like praying, “… Lord, we pray that Fidel can sleep well without nen-nen. … …”

After switch off the light, Fidel did trying to find his nen-nen and whined. I said to him, “I’ve told you that I have no nen-nen anymore. Dry…(don’t know whether he understands the word ‘dry’), no more… finish. Just now you drank nen-nen in the bottle. You must sleep now.”

Amazing! Thank you Lord Jesus. You really listen to our prayers. He just came up to my tummy and slept there hugging me. I place him down on the bed after few minutes.

Prayer is so powerful! Just need two days to wean him. God, you are so good to us!

5 comments:

sylvia said...

Wow,koko Fidel is growing ya...

Yeong Shong said...

Boy oh boy....sleep on your tummy the whole afternoon nap! wow...
Anyhow, I guess they still need the "smell" of your or the nen-nen....Grace still needs me to cuddle her close for her to fall asleep....

Brian and I'Ching said...

Congratulations, Liana!!! What exciting news! By the way, if Fidel is eating well, he can drink regular full cream milk if he doesn't like formula. Craig os on regular milk now.

Cookie said...

Hi Liana! wow, we're both preggy, hehehe...Congratulations to you, too.

It took us more than 6 six to have a second baby. We didn't plan it but we're very happy of the blessing God has given us. My daughter is very excited, too.

thanks always for dropping by at my blog. God bless and take care!

Cookie said...

*more than 6 years (typo)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin