Thursday, June 12, 2008

Heartburn During Pregnancy

As my pregnancy is 26weeks, I start to feel heartburn. Before this, I was wondering what the heartburn feeling is like.

Last week, when I felt this feeling, I thought I have a gastric, but I feel funny because I just had my lunch 1hour before. So, I took some bread.


After I took some bread, I still feel the same, and I feel burning sensation around my neck and throat. It’s really not comfortable.


Then, I remember 3months ago my friend, who was pregnant about 26-28weeks told me that I will feel heartburn when my tummy grows bigger and bigger. And now, I think I experience it.


I searched in the internet what the symptoms are. And those symptoms are the same like what I feel. Heart burn is a painful or burning sensation in the esophagus, just below the breastbone usually associated with regurgitation of gastric acid. The pain often rises in the chest and may radiate to the neck, throat, or angle of the jaw.


Usually it happens during the third trimester. This typically results when the growing size of your uterus places increasing pressure on you intestines and stomach.


Here are some tips for minimizing the discomforts of heartburn during pregnancy:
  • Eat smaller and more frequent meals
  • Wait at least an hour after eating to sleep or lie down.
  • Increase your water intake. At least 8 full glasses is the standard.
  • Try mixing some honey with your milk.
  • Eat plenty of yogurts. Aside from being delicious, it contains live cultures which can help restore the balance of ‘friendly’ bacteria in your stomach and intestines.
  • Avoid spicy or fried food.
  • Avoid highly acid fruits and vegetables, such as oranges, grapefruit and tomatoes.
  • Avoid caffeine and carbonated beverages.
  • Avoid wearing clothes that are too tight or that pinch at the waist.
Hope those tips can help you to reduce the heartburn you feel.

1 comment:

blessedmom said...

hi there soon-to-be mommy! :) how are u? i am pregnant like u, but the difference is, i'm due to give birth anytime now! actually, my exact due date is on Monday! hehe! :) i had heartburn during the early weeks of my pregnancy, had lots of backaches as the weeks go on because of the tummy getting bigger. but you'll soon get over it. the joy of having a baby outweighs all the pains and discomfort u may experience during pregnany. :) anyway, take care of yourself always. have a safe and healthy pregnancy. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin