Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Fidel's Bathing Time

Talking about baby’s bath, what first come to my mind when I was pregnant is “Would I able to bath him smoothly?” I saw Youtube videos about bathing a baby for so many times since I was pregnant. Because I will take care the baby by myself. From the video, it looks very easy. I guess I have confidence to bath my baby.

First Fidel’s bath was done by my sister-in-law. She helped me as I did my confinement in Chinese tradition – cannot touch the water to avoid wind. Fidel cried on his half way bath time.
The second day, I couldn’t find anybody to help me in bathing the baby, so I decided to bath him by myself. What happen was he cried when I just started to wash his hair. Oh! I became nervous and after I wash his hair, I just deep his body awhile and hurry up took him out. While putting on his clothes, he still keeps crying. After finish, my whole body and face were sweating. In fact, the real and the one in the video were totally different, especially for my first experience. No photo for this, because Joseph and I were busy handling the baby.

The third day, the confinement food caterer helped me to bath the baby. She has a lot of experience. Fidel seldom cry when the aunty baths him every day. Every time she baths Fidel, I will look at her how she does it, and take some pictures.
Fidel likes this position
Fidel was 1 week-old3 week-old, Fidel is skinny, but has a big tummy
4 week-old
After full month, I started to bath Fidel by myself. What amaze me was… He didn’t cry! Wow! Thank God that Fidel is a baby who likes bath very much. So… I also very enjoy the moment I bath my baby. He will smile and stare at me in the bath tub if I sing a song.
5 week-old, I bath Fidel
6week-old, after bath8week-old
11week-old, after bath
Now, he is very active while he baths. I must wear a plastic apron, or else my whole shirt wet.
His neck is strong now, 17week-old
"Finish my bath"

1 comment:

Raisya said...

A handsome little guy you have there. Love his 17 weeks pics.

Can't wait to one :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin