Friday, September 18, 2009

Fail and Fail Again

I don’t know what make me crazy of baking cakes recently. One of the aunties from my church, willing to lend her oven to me as she seldom use it, in fact she used it once only. I’m like having a new oven.

I start to buy and collect the cakes ingredients. First time I used it to roast chicken as my cake ingredients have not completed yet. After few days later, here I come to do some “experiments”.

All the cake recipes I search from internet. The first cake I tried to make was basic cup cakes. The result was failed. It looks nice when baked time, but slowly it become darker, I think the temperature was too high and it shrinks badly after took it out from the oven. The second cake was brownies, I tried to make is 4times lesser than the original recipe. When the cake was baked, suddenly I shocked that I forgot one of the ingredients still in its original weight. Instead of 1/4tsp of baking powder, I put 1tsp, sigh… How careless I am. What happened next was after the cake getting cold, the centre went down very deeply. Hahaha…
The hardest cup cakes in my life
My mother and sister are good in making pastries, but I never want to try before. For me it’s not easy and need to be very detail in measuring the ingredients. That’s why I failed two times.

Anyhow I’m not surrender yet. I am sure I will success one day.

5 comments:

phaik sim said...

Haha... Did you let the cakes cool down in the oven. The sudden drop of temperature might shrink the cake I guess.

Yeong Shong said...

"jia you"......practice make perfect...I have a recipe of banana cupcakes which is simple...I will send to you...

Liana Lioe said...

@PhaikSim: I think I did let it cool down before I take out.
@YS: Thanks YS... I'll try your recipe.

Cookie said...

at least you know how to bake. i only knew how to eat, hehehe

Liana Lioe said...

@Cookie: Thank you for your words of comfort.:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin