Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm Overweight!

“Liana, you are overweight!” it was said by my doctor this morning. My pregnancy is 24weeks now. My previous appointment was 5weeks ago. Instead of gaining 2.5kg within 5weeks, I gained 5kg. It’s double! I didn’t expect that I gained that much too.

I found that I did eat a lot. My first 2-3months I couldn’t eat. Normally I eat 1 bowl of rice, but that time, I can only eat half portion, and very choosy for the dishes, cannot smell this and that.


When I enter 4 months pregnancy, step by step my appetite is back to normal. In fact I have a very good appetite, and always feel hungry every 2-3hours.


If I go to restaurant, I can eat 1.5bowl of rice. In the afternoon break time, I will hungry again, and eat 4slices of wholemeal bread, or eat 1bowl of instant noodle. I eat until my mother-in-law shakes her head. Haha…

If you go round Penang in this time, you will see durian everywhere. I did take part in eating it. Nice smell, good taste! I ate a lot of durian.

One of my friends told me that when she was pregnant she ate a lot of durian too, until she became very fat! I think I should stop from eating it before my tummy grows bigger and bigger. And you need to remember that durian is very heaty for our body. You will get sore throat if you eat too much.


Doctor asked me to control what I eat. I need to consume less carbohydrate. I need to eat less rice, less bread. Anyhow…. Less carbohydrate!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin