Saturday, May 9, 2009

Fidel's Favorite Porridge

Since Fidel was 6 month old, I started give him porridge for his lunch and dinner. When he was 5.5months I gave him cereal twice a day. He doesn’t drink so much water, he doesn’t like drinking water. End up he got constipation. There was one day he tried to poopoo , already sat on the potty for 35minutes, till whole body sweating and crying, the stool still didn’t come out. The stool was too hard and he didn’t have strength to push it out. I took him to the hospital then.

The nurse helped to insert 5ml of Glycerin Enema into the rectum. This liquid treatment is adhered to clear the bowel, induce better functioning of the bowel, to cleanse and provide therapeutic benefits. After 1-2minutes, “all” came out. Wow!

OK… We go back to the porridge again. Doctor encouraged introducing more porridge and fruits/vegetable purees in his diet. These are rich in fibre and will help prevent constipation.

I cook porridge and add potato, carrot, and spinach/broccoli. I use slow cooker to cook the porridge. The spinach, I will put it in 20-30minutes before I get the porridge done. For the broccoli, 15minutes is enough. Overcooking vegetables may lose its nutrients and vitamins.
Shredded potato and carrot
Porridge with broccoli
Porridge with spinach
Fidel loves to eat the porridge. If we feed him too slow, he will complain and crying. Sometimes he will open his mouth big big while I just want to scoop it from the bowl. Must quick!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin